What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

breakup bummer


It's been well documented on here how much I love REM's music over the years.In May I wrote about my reconnection with Automatic for the People and how the album mirrored my teenage years. When I learned today that the band will be breaking up, it felt like yet another chapter of my childhood is closing. For good? Who knows. Like a superhero dying or a TV show you grew up with ending, another piece of the good 'ol days has drifted away. Only to be thought of through pleasant memories and black and white images. The official press reads;

"To our Fans and Friends: As R.E.M., and as lifelong friends and co-conspirators, we have decided to call it a day as a band. We walk away with a great sense of gratitude, of finality, and of astonishment at all we have accomplished. To anyone who ever felt touched by our music, our deepest thanks for listening." R.E.M.


Sad day in music. At least we'll always have the tapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment