What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

why i'm able to smile and sing along to rem songs..

I came across a cache of old photos
And invitations to teenage parties
"Dress in white" one said, with quotations
From someone's wife, a famous writer
In the nineteen-twenties
When you're young you find inspiration
In anyone who's ever gone
And opened up a closing door
She said: "We were never feeling bored


I listen to sad music when I'm happy. And it makes me happier. I listen to happy music when I'm sad and it makes me sadder. I listen to depressing music when I'm content. And it makes me contenter. And it makes me...The other day I caught myself replaying REM's Nightswimming over and over and over again. Then I chose Being Boring by Pet Shop Boys. Again and Again. It was awesome. Both of these joints are a couple of my favorite songs of all time. Both of them have to deal with holding on to your innocence and your childhood. The simpler days. Some say that those two tracks are pretty depressing. I don't think so. They connect me with happier days. A thought process of being excited of going forward while also being able to look back at where I came from. I smile about going forward and looking back. I'm thankful knowing not a lot of people have that priavlege. Many still have those ghosts hidden away in their emotional closet and haven't dealt with it. Some have old feuds, or disagreements or un-finished business with others that they don't want to bring up. Some are insecure on what the future will bring. Sure. I'm not perfect, and yes, I do have a bit of both but I deal with it. Slowly but surly, I'm taking care of everything. It makes it easier to live and go on. Go on to the next level and be able to be satisfied with my life and my inner self I do this so I can smile at myself while I look in the mirror every morning while I'm doing my hair and dancing to Pet Shop Boys and REM songs.



Nightswimming, remembering that night
September's coming soon
I'm pining for the moon
And what if there were two
Side by side in orbit
Around the fairest sun?
That bright, tight forever drum
Could not describe nightswimming

You, I thought I knew you
You, I cannot judge
You, I thought you knew me,
This one laughing quietly underneath my breath
Nightswimming





No comments:

Post a Comment