What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

sweet disposition

When I feel like I'm going to get into a funk after a hectic day, I listen to a song. It makes me choose the way the tempo of whatever I'm going to write is going to go. Today, I needed something older than the stuff I've been listening to lately, but still in that new rock vain. I chose Temper Tramp's Sweet Disposition. The song has a wonderful beat and the lyrics are beautiful. It's one of those I don't like playing too much because I don't want to get tired of it. I usually then get inspired by a lyric, a cord, or something else about the track and I start to doodle down what's on my mind. What came to mind this time, was just to write. Write whatever. I also thought of wind. Falling. Breeze and a whole yard full of flowers - blowing in the wind with kids falling into them. I don't know how these visions come to me, but they do. I guess it's when I'm at my most secure or most vulnerable to take in whatever type of sub-conscience thoughts I'm willing to accept. Scary, for most. And for the longest time, I had that cage over myself, not letting me feel anything. But then I realized to become a successful writer or to have anyone take me seriously as a writer, I have to be able to accept whatever type of thoughts the sub-conscience is ready to divulge and hit me with. Over time, It has made me grow stronger. And a better writer. Sometimes, I over look myself and allow some powerful thoughts to reign freely which I then either break down mentally or physically or both and then get mad at myself for it later. But that's just a whole different pack of smokes which I won't want to open now.

The mental mind is a dangerous place. You just have to trust yourself to make mistakes and trust it might tell you something wrong. It's just up to you to see how you can overcome it to find that sweet disposition again.



A moment, a love
A dream aloud
A kiss, a cry
Our rights, our wrongs
A moment, a love
A dream aloud
A moment, a love
A dream aloud

No comments:

Post a Comment