What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Monday, September 6, 2010

morning jog..


I woke up early this morning to get on the road. For the past few months, I've been jogging in the morning. I try to do so at least three times a week. Once on a weekend. It's awesome. Morning mildew smell. Birds chirping. Fresh air blowing onto my face while I'm detoxing myself from the prior weeks festivities. This morning, it was different. I smelled fall. It smelled like the first day of school. It smelled like a day when we wrap ourselves with warm coats to start our Christmas shopping. It smelled like camping. It smelled like walking to the bar to watch playoff baseball. It smelled like walking in the park and noticing the new colors on the trees. It was a nice feeling to be jogging. For some reason, the fall smell reminds me of New York's Central Park. I thought of running in Central Park one morning on an October morning. I then came back to reality and realized that I was not in New York and the weather was getting a bit too cold for my shorts and t-shirt. Tired, I started to walk the last 50 feet back to the house. I realized that summer is over and this whole jogging thing in the morning will be needing more of a commitment from me if the mornings are going to continue to be this cold - no matter how beautiful it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment