What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Monday, June 7, 2010

vmt: head up head bumpin'


I've had a very stressful and depressing last few weeks. However, one thing that's always been there for me for as long as I can remember has been music. Music is always there to make me feel better. This is why I thought I'd share with you today some of the tracks in my life that keeps me on the positive road. Maybe the lyrics aren't that positive, nor the message, but the vibe or experience I remember when listening to the track keeps my head afloat. However, some tracks contain some of the most inspirational words I've ever heard put together in a sentence. As always with the VMT, the songs are from all across the board. New, Old, Obscure and everything else in between. If you're new to this feature, the Virtual Mixtape has one aim. Educate you. The fan. If you don't know about a track, check it out. Learn about new music. And with that being said - Let's Go..


Memories Live - Reflection Eternal
Respect - De La Soul
Step into A World - KRS One
A Friend - KRS One
You're My Best Friend - Queen
Wild Horses - The Rolling Stones
Islands In the Stream - Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton
Fast Car - Tracy Chapman
Golden - Jill Scott
Moment of Truth - Gangstarr
The Life - Mystic
Make you Fell That Way - Blackalicious
I Have A Dream - ABBA
Being Boring - Pet Shop Boys
Waterfalls - TLC
Try Again - Aaliyah
I Love You - Faith Evans
Stressed Out - A Tribe Called Quest feat. Faith Evens
Don't Let It Get to Your Head - Brand Nubian
I Used To Love H.E.R. - Common
The 6th Sense - Common feat. Bilal
Worst Comes to Worst - Dialated Peoples
Sky's The Limit - Notorious B.I.G.
Ups and Downs - Cesar Comanche feat. Eternia
For Da Love of the Game - DJ Jazzy Jeff feat Baby Blak & Pauly Yamz
All I Got Is You - Ghostface Killah feat. Mary J Blige
Can It Be All So Simple - Wu-Tang Clan

No comments:

Post a Comment