What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Monday, September 14, 2009

crack in everything...



"Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.
That's how the light gets in.
That's how the light gets in."




I hurt my knee on Saturday. I won't get into how I did it, but it hurt. I was at Emergency for 7 years. Till Noon on Sunday. All the doctor said was that I needed a brace and maybe some physio if it doesn't get better in a weeks time. Bah. If you know me, you know that I'm the most positive person. I always see the crack in everything - as Cohan wrote. Because that's how the light gets in. I'm also the most independent person out there. This injury has taken away these two traits of mine. Don't feel like myself. I feel like an aggravated person. A mad raging out kid who is asking for help everywhere I go. I'm trying to see the good in this. Can't. Anyway I look at it, it's all bad. Missing school. Maybe for a week. Need help getting around. If you don't know, I don't drive. Walking is my main mode of transportation. And now, that's taken away from me. For at least a while. I don't like to dwell on things. Or be angry but I'm doing all of that. And even more. It's making me stronger. Sure. Making me find out my limitations as an individual? Certainly. I guess these are the good parts of the situtation, but for the most part, I'm helpless. Like Neil. Hopefully this will be over soon. I know it will be a tough road. But I'm ready to walk down it. Grow stronger. Try to be more positive. See the light come through.

No comments:

Post a Comment