What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

let's get digging..


A couple years ago I took up the habit of learning something new every summer. Preferably outside and preferably artistic and that is relaxing, creative and educational. I came up with this idea when I was going through a bunch of stressful months while also doing collections and wasn't finding that niche I needed to unwind. The first year I took my writing more seriously. Last year I started to paint again. First time since high school in the mid-90's. This year, I think I'm going to take up gardening. Gardening is huge in my family. My aunt does it. My uncle is a master at it. My other uncle is very good. My other aunt is amazing. And My Mom's house is known as the green house among my friends. I think I'll have good teachers. Unlike writing and painting which I understood and knew how to do before, I've never gardened before in my life. I don't know a thing about it which is why The Teachers will come in handy. I found out a few years ago that my old high school started a gardening course after I left. Too bad I wasn't a bit younger. Maybe I would've been able to learn a thing or two. I always liked gardening. I was able to see the spiritual connection someone can get through it. I can see how relaxing it could be. I can see how humbling it is. Who would think you could get all this wonderful gratification while getting dirty in the mud?. Huh. After all these years our parents said not to play in the mud, it ends up being one of the most popular hobbies for most adults.

Who would've thunk it?

My Mom got a few trees to plant. Going to help her. As soon as we get time. When I do I'll let you know how it turns out. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment