What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

docs, doc and doc severinsen


Watching this really cool Obama documentary on NBC Detroit. It's pretty good. Supposedly they do this all the time when they get new heads of nations. I don't remember watching this type of doc before. Maybe because I didn't care before. Is that because of the pres? Maybe. Was it because I was younger and I was more into younger guy stuff? Sure. But it's great. Over the past few years I got more into shows that I thought I'd never get into because the older people watch them. I already told you my new fascination for Law and Order SVU, and Dateline and Nightline and Sundays on Bravo but I also search out little documentaries on the net. TED is my favorite. If you have a half hour to spare, check out the site. It's worth feeding your mind while eating or something. That's what I do. I usually check out one of their videos while having lunch or dinner or just a snack or just watching one when I'm bored and don't want to watch the tele just for the sake of watching it. You know? I used to do that, but now I don't. I feel like it's just a waste of time.

I'm getting this pain in my left side. I don't know what it is. It feels like a gas pain but it isn't. The more I try to drink water or anything, it hurts more. It makes this beating sound and I feel it move. Could it be stones? Maybe my liver? Could it be just a really bad gas pain that just isn't going away? I don't know. It's been three days since it started and it's getting rather annoying. I think I'll have to go to the doctor on the weekend if it continues.


While Leno left stage right on Friday, I thought back to 1992 when my father and I went over to my grandparents house and watched the last Johnny Carson show. Back then, I rarely stayed up after 11:00 much less 11:35 and never was able to stay up till 1am but I did. Even though I never watched a Carson show, I knew the night was special. I got caught up on the hype that was happening for the year following up to the special date and heck, I thought that the old guy was pretty funny. He reminded me of my grandfather. I sat there and wondered If I were going to do the same thing when I grew up and hosted my own radio show. If I would feel that emotional rush that millions around the television world did when Carson said goodbye to sidekicks Ed and Doc. Fast forward 17 years later, I'm watching the beginning of the second host to fill Johnny's spot. The forth to ever host the show. It's amazing how time flies when you're watching the tube.


No comments:

Post a Comment