What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

vmt: from fiddies to the seventies


I've been thinking about doing a VMT for sometime now just looking at the older tracks. And when I mean older tracks I mean when what our parents grew up with. What inspired the funk bands that our Hip Hop kings sampled from. I thought of putting down tracks ranging from the 50's to the 70's since the demise of the legendary CHUM-AM and me having to search the radio dial for another radio station that plays oldies. Good thing enough I found Zoomer Radio AM740 where I realized that they played a whole lot of slept on joints and some classic songs that I remember my father playing for me when I was a kid. So, here I go. I'm going to give this to you in three parts. 50's, 60's, and then the 70's. As always I'm going to dig deep into the virtual crate to look for not-so-popular tracks while even posting some commercial classics from that era. Hope you enjoy and don't forget to educate yourself. That's the main reason why I do this and with that...Let's Go.



The Fiddies...



Almost Lost My Mind - Hunter, 'Ivory' Joe

Safonia B - Calvin Boze
Mona Lisa - Nat King Cole
(Night Time is) The Right Time - Ray Charles
Why Do Fools Fall In Love - Frankie Lymon and The Teenagers
Fool, Fool, Fool - The Clovers
3 O'clock Blues - B.B. King
I Wanna Know - Du Droppers
Unchained Melody - Al Hibbler
My Babe - Little Walter
We Belong Together - Ritchie Valens

The Sixties

634-5789 - Wilson Pickett
Soulman - Sam and Dave
Respect - Aretha Franklin
He's So Fine-The Chiffons
Leader of The Pack - The Shangri Las
We Did Our Love Go - The Supremes
At Last - Etta James
Johnny B Goode - Chuck Berry
The In Crowd - Ramsey Lewis Trio
Reach Out and I'll Be There - The Four Tops
You're All I Need (To Get By) - Marvin and Tammi


The Seventies


That Lady (pt 1&2) - The Isley Brothers
Funky Worm - Ohio Players
Just Don't Want to be Lonely - The Main Ingredient
Fantastic Voyage - The Lakeside
Boogie Wonderland - Earth, Wind and Fire
I'm Your Boogie Man - KC and the Sunshine Band
I Am Love - The Jackson Five
You Make Me Feel Brand New - The Stylistics
Do It Baby - The Miracles
I'm At Your Mercy - Chicago Gangsters
Time for Love - Cameo

No comments:

Post a Comment