What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Friday, May 4, 2012

rip adam yauch

I saw The Beastie Boys live in Michigan back in 1999 when I was attending broadcasting school. My friend had an extra ticket and she threw it my way. While Beastie Boys would've been epic enough, the card also had A Tribe Called Quest. We would later find out that it was The Tribe's last tour. Seeing two groups that inspired me in so many ways  rocking it, took my love for H.E.R to a whole different level. 

Thank you for that memory, MCA. And all the other memories you were connected to. You were an inspiration to me and millions more. 

Rest well.

No comments:

Post a Comment