What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Friday, July 1, 2011

the walls of simplicity.

I used to go to the library all the time as a kid. It was really just an excuse to get out of the house and be by myself and taste a bit of freedom. The sanctuary of the big building on Yonge Street with the books made me feel like a grown-up. Went by yesterday as a meeting spot to hitch the ride to Michigan. As soon as I stepped foot on the property, I flashed back at least 20 years to the simpler days. The place smelled the same. The cafe was still there brewing the same coffee. The Records and Tapes were replaced with DVDs. The huge tables now have computers instead of books. The one thing I did find comforting is that the good ol' section Non-Fiction M2032 was still there showcasing the music biographies I would thumb through instead of writing an essay on Greek Lit. It was a good stroll down memory lane visiting the walls of simplicity. I'll be sure to return one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment