What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Friday, April 8, 2011

miami dreams

Couple dreams of note I had this week while in Miami. Last night I had one. This is how it went.

I'm in a huge room and looking at a TV screen. It's me on the TV. Talking on a payphone and waiting for the bus in the rain. The video speeds up and it's me in fast motion, smoking a fag, kicking leaves, talking to myself, texting, getting impatient. The bus comes and I get on it. Oh yeah. It was in black and white, too.

Another one? I'm with a girl at a coffee shop by the ocean. No one else is there. Just me. Her. The blue waves and clear white sand dancing between our toes. We're talking. I then reach out to hold her hand. I look at her huge ring on her small finger. I ask her about it. She tells me I gave it to her last year. When we met up one night. She said she has never taken it off and will never. I asked if it symbolizes our love. She smiles and puts her head down. She doesn't answer. I ask again. Again. No answer. I play with her long brown hair. She gets up and starts to walk around. She's walking fast in circles. As she walks, she fades away until I don't see her anymore.

I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment