What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Thursday, January 13, 2011

found the right beat to write a letter to you...

Crazy how some music just makes me think of you. I continue to think of you. I even had a dream about you the other day. Haven't seen you in a bit, either. Was listening to some lady hip hop earlier and some of the tracks I was bumping I was forced to have the memories of us. From not too long ago. Crazy. Seems like yesterday. The lyrics from a couple of songs that Mystic spat are so true for us. I've been going through that whole I'm not feeling all that motivated but I still have to get some stuff out on paper mood. Then I heard her joints and I was like, man. This is all I needed to put finger to keyboard. So I'm here. Listening to the songs over and over. Thinking of you over and over. Same stuff. Rewinding in my mind. All of them are kind memories. Times I miss. Times I don't miss so much. Others that created balance between us. Our friendship. Or whatever we had. Have. Amazing how lyrics that were inspired by something totally out of our realm of reality can still hit us maybe as strong as the one who wrote the words first. Amazing how her lyrics can still motivate to be writing this. Amazing how it always leads back to you. Us. I think I know why her songs always remind me of us. It's that b-girl flow Mystic has that reminds me of us. You, really. That pull no punches sense of creativity you have that never ceases to amaze me. That tough exterior but soft interior. That confident radiance. I just wanted to say that. I'm just happy that I was finally able to pinpoint it. Now maybe I won't be afraid to listen to her and be comforted in the fact that it's just natural that my thoughts of us will just come up. I'm just happy that I was able to find the right beat to right this letter to you. I'll see you soon. Be well. Shane.

No comments:

Post a Comment