What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Sunday, November 14, 2010

this used to be my playground

Today I went with my father to visit the old hood. Where I grew up. Victoria Park and Sheppard Avenue area. It really made me remember how fast life passes by. Thinking that old block of mine that I used to play on looks so small now. Irrelevant, in a way when back then, it was my whole world. At the end of the street was America and beyond that was heaven and beyond that was where the Big Guy lived. Real life just creeps up on you slowly and quietly that innocence is stolen until one day, when something happens and your blasted back 15, 20, 30 years and realize that you grew up and were brainwashed by reality and all the sad truths that come along with it. It's too bad that once in a while, we can just pretend to be in that time once again and forget that we are one billion-trillionth of things going on in this world. That we can just think that that street. That block. That park is what the whole world is made up of and you are the ruler and king of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment