What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

blocks, holiday leftovers and photoshots


Getting back to the grind of things is hard. The first week after the holidays is always an odd time of year. You feel like you've been off for a month or more and haven't been doing a routine in ages and it takes you a while to back into it. In reality, you were only off for a week. I think it's the over consumption of food that hasn't yet been digested and you're still feeling the repercussions of your drinking actions. Especially on New Years. Head is sore. The smell of any type of drinking substance makes you want to throw up. Then there's all these things that are out of sorts. Tree is still up. Decorations need to be put away. Dishes. Laundry. Leftovers to be thrown out. Footprints of the kids droppings on the carpet while they were playing with the new toys. It's like when you move in to a new crib. You never think it'll get back to normal. Everything is too messed up to be normal again. You just have to breath. Take it all in. Do a bit at a time. Know that you won't have to do this for another year. Thank goodness. However, after it's all done, and you're back to your regular chores you look back and think that it's all worth it. Oh the Holidays.


Don't you hate it when you have so much creative juice but you just can't seem to come up with anything? Finally, I've been able to write. As a writer, getting writers block is the worst. It's like not able to talk. Feel trapped. alone. In a locked room with no one around. Or on a beach with no one in sight. You have the luxurious playground at your feet but you can't enjoy it with anyone. Then, it hit me today. I got out of my blockage and started to write. It all came back. I tend to do that. Once a word is written, I continue to go and go until my hands hurts. Sometimes, though. It's just knowing what that first word should be.



My new camera is the best. Love playing with it. It's a Nikon 570. Just big enough to carry around in my pocket and cool enough with enough features to feed my photographer needs. Soon, I'll post some pics from my first mission out. Hopefully, it'll be sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment