What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Saturday, September 26, 2009

dear tom,


Hey bud. Lots has been happening. Haven't been in touch. I know you've been here to see me though. I know when you're around. I appreciate it. We haven't really talked in a while. It's not that I don't miss you or that I don't think of you. It's just that I've lost a few other friends and well, September sucks because of it. I'm an uncle now. Times three. It's so cool. Wish you could've met them. There's so many words of wisdom I want to share with them and many stem from our conversations. The words you gave to me. I miss you like hell, brother. There's not one day that goes by where I don't think of you. My picture of you and me at "coup" station is still by my side as I write. It gives me motivation. Every time I look at it I think that you would say to me "Shaner, you got your head on straight. Just know how to balance life. You can do it, bud." At first when people called me Shaner, I hated it. Because it was your name for me. Now, I think, well. Maybe it's just Tom's way of saying he's always there. And well, I'm called Shaner a lot. I'm happy about that. Gives me security that my big bud is watching over me. I miss you dude. Sorry I missed your birthday. Hope you had a good one as I know you did with all your boys up there. Love you and miss you. Shaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment