What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Monday, May 18, 2009

vmt: dance revolution


I was listening to my weekly dose of 80's Boogie the other day while cleaning up the house and I thought I would put down a nice mix for this beautiful Holiday Monday. For this mix, however I thought I would do something special. I would incorporate different dance genres and other types of music that were inspired by them. I'll try to dig as far down in the crate as possible to pull out some rare grooves, old classics, current b-sides, and new loves. Of course, I love it if you see one or two of your favorites on the tracklisting, but the whole motive behind this feature is to educate the listener with new types of music and get their digging abilities going, too. So if you're curious about some type of track I put up on here. Research it. Check it out and maybe you'll find a new track you love. Let's Go..



I Want to Thank You - Alicia Myers

Inside Out - Odyssey
Just A Touch of Love - Slave
All Night Long - Mary Jane Girls
Mary Jane (All Night Long) - Mary J Blige
Cola Bottle Baby - Edwin Birdsong
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - Daft Punk
Stronger - Kanye West
Freaks Come Out at Night - Whodini
Holiday - DJ Spinna
Fresh - Kool and The Gang
Is It Love You're Affair - Rose Royce
S'express - Theme from S'express
Love Ect. - Pet Shop Boys
Right Type of Mood - Herbie
Wow - Kylie Minogue(Mstrkrft Remix)
Kids - MGMT (Soulwax Remix)
Perfect Kiss - New Order
Superstylin' - Groove Armada
Days Go By - Dirty Vegas
Upside Down - Diana Ross
Break My Stride - Matthew Wilder
Boogie Wonderland - Earth, Wind and Fire
Such A Good Feeling - Brothers in Rhythm
Soul Symphony - Chuck Love
High Energy - Evelyn Thomas
Love It Here - Jay Dilla

No comments:

Post a Comment