What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Saturday, January 3, 2009

underwater dream


I can't swim. This is why this dream seemed to be kinda weird.

It starts off with my lying down on a float device enjoying a nice nap in a pool. It's a large pool with some people in it and there's stands in the corner where people go to dry off or to just watch others swim. One of those pools you'd find in a real nice expensive hotel. I'm floating around with my drink in one hand a walkman in the other. Waterproof? Pretty sure. As I'm getting used to this relaxing sensation, I realize I can't swim and I have no life jacket on. I start to worry. Suddenly, my float device turns and I flip underwater in slow motion. I drowned. I get to the bottom of the pool and start walking around. I see this door. I open it. It's where all the cables and electrical components are that heat up the pool. Pretty cool, I think. After a couple of minutes, I decide I should head back up. So I leave this tiny room and close the door behind me. I swim to safety. As I get back to the top, I get on the stands to dry off. A female friend of mine goes to save me. I go back to let her know I'm alright. Soon we're both sitting down on the benches.

I wake up.

According to a dream dictionary being underwater "suggests that you are feeling overcome with emotions and are in need of greater control in your life. You may be in over your head regarding some situation."

It continues, "To dream that you are breathing underwater, represents a retreat back into the womb. You want to return to a state where you were dependent and free from responsibilities. Perhaps you are feeling helpless, unable to fulfill your own needs and caring for yourself. Alternatively, you may be submerged in your emotions."

No comments:

Post a Comment