What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Monday, November 10, 2008

the post-halloween dream


I'm in my bedroom sleeping. I wake up and there's a bunch of people around me. Standing. Sitting on the floor. On the chairs. Just people around in my small room wearing costumes. They're ready for Halloween. They're waiting for me. But wasn't Hallows Eve last week? Sure it was. Why is everyone dressed up? I'm confused. Everywhere I turn someone is looking at me. Making faces. Acting scary. I don't know what to do. I try to get back to sleep. I can't. Someone keeps waking me up trying to get me up to go trick or treating. I get up. I follow a friend down the stairs, out the door and down the street. It's not my street. It's much bigger. The street. It's nicer. Prettier. Like something you'd see on a TV set. We're walking down the street and there's candy all over the place. On the road. The driveways. The lawns. Everywhere. We're going bananas. Just picking up all the candy we want from everywhere. We're running around on this beautiful suburban street eating, throwing wrappers in the air, munching down and waiting on the sugar rush. We're having the time of our lives. It's great. I look back and there's the rest of the people. All dressed up. They head back to my house. I follow them. I head back to my room and back to bed. I sleep.


I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment