What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Saturday, March 24, 2012

the baby dream

Another day. Another dream. Last night was the first time I ever had a dream of being a father. From what I can remember. Anyway, here it goes. It's an interesting one.

I'm in a room and a girl hands me a tiny brown baby. She tells me he looks like me. He does. Right down to the smile and the eyes. I'm in awe. I can't seem to let go of him. I feel confused at the same time. What to do now? I call my Mother. I need help. I'm alone in a room with this tiny human and I am in loss of words. He's looking at me. I'm looking at him. My Mom comes in and I give her the baby. We talk about how cute he is. He smiles. My Mom asks me what to name him. I wonder. This is going to be hard. I think of my fathers name. Then, Malcolm. Or Martin. Or an Islamic name. Islamic names are strong and masculine. A girl enters. I don't know her. She's pretty. She tells me she is my son's mother. I give her the baby. We hold hands.

I wake up.

I checked out what dreams mean. They symbolize being anxious for an event or new beginnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment