What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

vintage train dream

I went to sleep at around 9pm. Or just before. I knew I'd be up again tonight. Always happens. I thought it'd be later. Guess not. Three hour nap felt like an 8 hour deep sleep. That's how it flows, sometimes I guess. The dream I had was deep. Happy that I woke. Now, able to jot it down before I forget.


I'm on a vintage carrier train. It's narrow. The door is open. I look outside. The train is dark red. I reach inside my pocket to grab my camera. I take a picture of the scenery. I put my head back inside. I see my stuff sprawled out on four different chairs in the front. Computer, Jacket, Hat, Bag, Lunch, Shoes. I see a captain's hat. I put it on. I walk down to check the rest of the train. Only luggage and big boxes on here. I look outside once again. Beautiful forest area. I take more pictures. The train starts to slow down. Looking around. We've arrived at a park I ued to hang out at as a kid. I get off. I see a small train station. I go inside. It's like I just walked into 1920! Tap my hat to the people waiting on the benches. I walk towards the exit sign.

I wake up.

I looked up train in my dream dictionary. It said;
To dream that you are on a train symbolizes your life's journey. It suggests that you are on the right track in life and headed in the right direction. Alternatively, the dream means that you have a tendency to worry needlessly over a situation that will work out in the end.....

...Dreaming of trains may also be a metaphor that you are "in training" for some event, job or goal. According to Freud, a train is analogous to the male penis.



No comments:

Post a Comment