What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Thursday, December 15, 2011

the homless voice.

Backintheday, when I went downtown a lot and spoke to strangers, and when homeless people were actually homeless and not scamming rich people living down the street in a lush condo, I used to give some of my time speaking to the people on the corner. Threw them some change. Bought them a burger. Pop. Got to know them. Know their story. I always had a soft spot for the kids and the old folk. Especially at this time of year. I know it might be cliche if you grew up in the 90s and had the bombardment of various sitcoms where they spent the holidays feeding the needy, but I always thought I should've given back more. Did my time there and helped serve the grub to the good folks of our city. But I didn't. Remained up north in my nice house. Surrounded by gifts and family love. Be it as it may, this video I found on the Vimeo tonight, pulled a heart string. Maybe I'll make it a point to gather the folks and find a shelter in Michigan to do our part. Oh yeah. Spending the Holidays in The States. More on that later. For now, watch and be thankful..


RICO from Jeremy Snell on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment