What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Sunday, December 11, 2011

crashing in a jet plane

Not too sure if the title of this post is harsh. I don't know. If I offend you, please let me know.Maybe I'll change it. So, I was watching this bio on Peter Paul and Mary. Yes. You know you're a true music nerd when. I heard that their iconic song, Leaving on a Jet Plane was written by John Denver. I then thought for a second. I remembered. Denver died in a plane crash. I don't know why I just found this out now. This is - or should be - music trivia 101. Guess it isn't. I thought it was very ironic. He died in a plane crash. Wrote a song about leaving on a plane. Wowzers. Amazingly enough, nothing on his nor the snogs Wiki pages say anything about how it was so frighteningly awkward. He did love to fly, I hear. But still. The only thing that could come close was if Sonny wrote a song about trees. Now, that would've been the hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment