What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Monday, November 14, 2011

reading my vulnerability..

My next mixtape is going to be a bit different. It won't be just songs. It'll be a bit of me thrown in. I'm taking the plunge and recording some of my last works and putting it out there. At first I thought it would be just my poetry, which I don't think gets enough shine. I mean, I look at the site stats and no one ever reads the poetry. I thought If I were put it on a more welcoming medium, people would hear it. And like it. Or not. Doesn't matter. As long as someone hears the tree fall. I know it'll be dark. I just need music to match the darkness. I feel good about it. I feel like I'm going through this unique artistic journey. The one thing I have realized during this journey is that I need to be more vulnerable. Vulnerable to the pain. The hurt. The truth. I have accepted that. And I'm ready to have other people read my vulnerability. The creative process has began. I don't want to rush this one. I want to make it good. Awesome, in fact. Just so people appreciate it when they hear the tree fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment