What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Thursday, October 20, 2011

my movember debut

I'm doing my first Movember next month. I am scared. I look awful with moustaches. I was never a fan. I grew up liking dudes who had them. Tom Selleck, Mr. Fuji, Super Mario. I was always a beard dude. Rugged and Raw. The first time I tried a 'stache out was when I was shaving for some high school dance. I looked at myself in the mirror. Wondered. Walked out in the hall and into my sisters' room. She was on the floor doing stuff. She sat on the floor a lot, come to think of it. Anyway, I walked in. Before I was able to say what'chu think?, she yelled No. I walked out and shaved the little top lip warmer immediately. It lived a short life. Two Halloween's ago, I sported a handlebar one. That one was cool. It was so cool, people thought it was fake. This year it's different. I guess the C word has started to hit closer and closer to home as the years go by and I felt I need to do something to help the yelling people do about awareness of the deadly killer. And how we will find a cure. Obligatory word. Will. Someday. It's just the Movvembers, and runs and various events that help spread the word. Writing a blog entry, talking about it on my radio show, designing a poster and posting it on my page sidebar, isn't enough. We need more Movembers. More runs. More events. At least we got next month to help out. As I will walk around next month looking kinda out of place with a moustache, I will rock it with pride knowing I'm not the only one feeling out of place but trying to do something to find the cure.


If you would like to help me in my first Movember you can either join my team or donate Here. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment