What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Monday, October 31, 2011

devil's night hip hop story...

I get scared easily. Hated the scary movies. Haunted houses. Chucky is my worst enemy. The first Hip Hop album I ever bought was DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince's He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper. Will was my favourite rapper back then. The record was riddled with a bunch of soon-to-be Hip Hop classics. But there was one song that freaked me out. Nightmare on My Street. Freddie was Mr. Popular in school when it came to Halloween and story telling rap was the in thing. Will just cashed in and brought the two together. It worked. For a while there, I couldn't even listen to the tape anymore. Was scared I would be too lazy to fast forward through the song to get to the next one. I was afraid of the nightmares I would get if I were to listen to it one more time. Soon enough, The song was on all my favourite radio stations. Freaked to even turn on my inspiration. Sucked. Big time. However, that Halloween came and went and I was still alive. No one came through my window with a metal hand or a chainsaw. I was in the clear. By the following Halloween I grew out of the freak show that was Nightmare on my Street and wasn't afraid anymore. I was able to listen to it without the shivers or the bad dreams. I overcame my fear...

...But I still hated Chucky. And Freddie.


No comments:

Post a Comment