What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Saturday, March 26, 2011

friday night adventure

It's always nice to be able to get away from the regular and flip the script, sometimes. Even if that means chilling with family and not doing the usual party schedule with your friends. I've been trying to do this at least twice a month with my Mom. Dinner and movie. Keeping it inexpensive and local. The nights always turn out great. Last night was no exception. We decided to go out the local Thai hotspot by our place, called Golden Bell where I had the sweet and sour shrimp and my Mom had the Spicy Curry Chicken. Speaking of inexpensive, Mom’s plate stood at $8.50 and mine was a dollar more. Good price considering, we had leftovers for the rest of the week. Both meals came with a generous helping of white rice while I sipped on a nice glass of Sprite. The bill rang up just over $30.00 along with a twenty percent tip. The two waitress working did a quick job serving everyone who came in and they also had a nice amount of pick-up orders where they knew each other by name and order. I was impressed. For a tiny Asian kitchen in a quiet plaza in Newmarket, it’s obvious Golden Bell is a local favorite. It was my first time there and defiantly not my last.



Enjoying my Sweet and Sour Shrimp at Golden Bell Restaurant (16925 Yonge Street Newmarket, ON L3Y 5Y1) on March 25th, 2011


After the meal, we went to the Silver City up the street and watched Limitless. The new movie with legend Robert De Niro and booming star Bradly Cooper. It was well acted throughout while the storyline went a bit too far to make it believable. I’m sure they will be a time when a pill that allows us to use that much of brain power will be on the legal or black market, but the way the story unfolded it made it very Hollywood-esque melodrama which kind of disappointed me. If you were to watch it with that in mind, I’m sure you would enjoy it. Don’t go into it thinking you will witness a realistic portrayal of the inevitable.
Overall. It was a great night out of entertainment and good eats. I can’t wait till the next time we keep it local and stay by home. In Newmarket.



No comments:

Post a Comment