What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Saturday, February 19, 2011

no sleep for the wicked...

I slept in today. Woke up. Chilled out for a while and then went back to the sack. Put the feet up and watched some television from the throne. Not the can, but the bed. The bigger throne, if you will. I repeated that for the rest of the day until my Mom and I went to get a movie. We chose The Social Network. I had seen it already. She hadn't. I didn't mind the second time watching the flick since it ranked as one of my favorite movies from 2010. I won't get into the differences I saw in the movie since watching other Movie of the Year contenders, so I will I just leave it as that I still enjoyed the flick. But not as much as before.

I found it funny that both Mom and I took a break from the movie to check out our Facebook and do some other internet rounds then finishing up the flick a half hour later. Be it as it may, I am now downstairs. Tea in hand. Phone on mute. SNL playing in the background ready to potentially do a few more hours of work. Yes, work. I choose to work on a long weekend Saturday because I basically like to work hard on what I do. And what I do is what I love to do. I have always been a true believer in that old saying if you love what you do, you will never work for the rest of your life. The fact is, there is no luck. Success comes from hard work. It's always easier to work hard on something that you love.

People get on me sometimes because I don't get any sleep. But it's because of choice. I'm lucky enough to be able to work from the luxury of my home and able to work from my basement. I also find to be more creative and productive at night. When everyone is asleep, I'm wide awake chugging down some sort of hot beverage and typing away. Creating, writing, thinking. It all comes back to hard work and being dedicated.

The moral of this story? If you want to be a business owner, you will never be as big as The Donald or The Mark or in a few years, The Fame if you work by life's clock. To be a success you throw that clock out the window and make your own timetable and stick by it. Working around the clock, 365 days a year. No rest for the wicked. And that's who they make movies about.

No comments:

Post a Comment