What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Monday, February 28, 2011

i won stuff...

Kinda in a drought today. Got this massive headache. Going to take a pill and take it easy for the rest of the day. Laziness is part of this drought, too but I think the laziness stems from the headache. Whatever the case is, the mental machine just isn't working today. On the good news front, I did win something this morning. I enter a bunch of small blogging contests. Of course, it's always nice to win but the main objective behind entering is to get recognition for my writing. Just another networking ploy to lure views onto the site and to make new web-friends who will someday hire me to write stuff for them. It's also fun and it makes me use my creative outlets and work on my craft. Those are the two main reasons. Anyway, on Friday I entered a contest Blogging diva Casie Stewart had on her page. I had to write an entry on why I would want to get rid of a Doritos flavor. The prize was Doritos Buffalo Wild Wings N’Ranch chips and Onion Rings N’Ketchup, Black Bowl and a White Bowl to put the chips in, 3 DVDs that start with the “ending”: Memento, Pulp Fiction, and Inception and my favorite part - some director merch including; a mug, t-shirt, clapper, and get this - a megaphone. The prize pack is going to be shipped soon, I believe. I just sent Casie my address. Cool beans. So here's my winning entry. I thought it was good and thought I would share it on here...


I love Doritos. It's my crack. Or my heroin. Or my LSD. None of which I've tried before, but you know- I guess it can be on the same scale of being addictive. My good friends always seem to have a bag of Doritos handy when they really want me to do them a favor. Coincidence? I think not. Out of all the bags I've tried, and the chips I've munched, I think the ones I hated the most would be the Blazin' Jalapeno Flavor. It was part of the `Burn' Series. I was hungry one night and needed something to munch down on before I met my date for dinner. I picked up a bag and headed on the subway. as i sat down, I opened the bag. First chip. No problem. Liked it. Second chip. Kinda getting hot. Third? I got off and bought a big bottle of Sprite. (by the way, the Sprite, Dorito combo never fails). I ended up being late and thus getting my date mad. I made amends but it was a rough hour of getting her back on my good side. For this, I blame the Jala's. Curse them. The first chip that was too hot for me and that almost wrecked a nice night with a nice girl. Never again.

No comments:

Post a Comment