What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

thinking gets you down. doing makes you forget.

Yesterday was Blue Monday. The most depressing day of the year, they say. A few weeks back, I talked about how my usual hit of S.A.D hasn't hit me yet. I'm feeling good. I've talked to a few friends. Received a couple of e-mails from pals and they're all suffering for no apparent reason. They don't know why they're all down. No reason. Life is good, but they're just in the dumps. The more I listen to them, the more I realize I'm doing good. Life stress', daily worries. Sure. This year, however I feel like I'm handling it better. I told a bud on the weekend that I think it's because I'm busier. Keeping my mind occupied. I think that's a huge part of it. Not letting myself think too much. Thinking gets you down. Doing makes you forget. I think I'm also more content this year. Last year, I don't feel like I had too much to really call my own or really be happy about. I don't know why, but that's just how it was. Does depression always have to make sense? That chemical imbalance invades your insides in the most odd ways. If you are suffering my advice is this. Get creative. Busy. Get your mind off things and hang out with positive people who will make you laugh and feel good. Also people who actually love you and won't say anything to cue that depression trigger. One false word, move or shrug could start a waterfall of emotions that could last for months. Don't let that happen. Positivity, laughter and keeping busy will keep you on the right track and to keep that smile on your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment