What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Sunday, January 2, 2011

one to grow on...

Welcome 2011.

The Blog is turning 3 years old next month. Crazy as I go back and read my old entries. How the page has evolved over time. Naturally. Organically. I really loved how I have changed or tweaked the page while I changed as a person. As I thought fit. It seems like the page grew with me. It reflected what I was going through at that time. Like a singer/songwriter who delivers their raw emotions in their songs. Sometimes an album reflects their bad break-up, a death, a new life, a legal problem. Anything. Whatever they were feeling at the time. That's why it seems very overwhelming for me at times to go back and see the progression I took to build the page. Thinking back to what I was going through at the time. Feeling. Thinking. The first month of this page, I was depressed. I created the blog to overcome some really bad stuff. You can tell through my writing. You can tell by my entries where I was putting myself down and there wasn't one entry where I didn't mention how sad I was feeling. I didn't want to tell others about my updates. Didn't promote the page on Facebook or Myspace. I was ashamed. Yes. I have been down since, but not that bad. I quit drinking for 97 days shortly after. I helped others quit and be clean. I also helped others overcome negative thoughts about life and live in a positive light. I grew. This page was a huge part of my recovery and helping others overcome sad times.

A while ago, I thought I would erase some old entries however, I voted against it. All these little blurbs I did back in 2008 are apart of me. They're apart of my progression. They are me. Erasing them is erasing some of me. Besides, when I feel bad or sad or depressed, I look back at those write-ups and realize I've been worse. Back then I felt like I was a crack addict who was on my knees and salvaging for extra change just for another hit. I hit rock bottom. It almost killed me. There's no way I want to be back to those times. This page is more than a blog or a promotional tool for me to get people to see how I write and what I write about, it's a reminder for me to see how I have grown. But most importantly, it's here for others to know that some had it worse and overcame it. And they're here for you, too to listen.

I look forward to my 3rd anniversary. It'll be a special one.

No comments:

Post a Comment