What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

vmt: throw up the w - tribute to wu tang samples


As a Holiday treat, thought I'd hit you with a special VMT this week. A way for me to give back to my loyal Hip Hop nerds out there who have been good to me all year. This time around for the VMT I'm bringing you a Wu-Tang Clan tribute with a twist. I know there's millions of Wu tributes out there which is why the emphasis of this mix is that I'm going to focus on the samples the Clan have used to make some of the most legendary beats in Hip Hop history. Slept on Wu songs to the popular joints to some new tracks. They'll all be covered in this special edition of VMT. Let's Go..


After Laughter (Comes Tears) - Wendy Rene
Tearz - Wu-Tang Clan
Clan in the Front - Wu-Tang Clan
Synthetic Substitution - Melvin Bliss
Different Strokes - Syl Johnson
Shame on a Nigga - Wu-Tang Clan
Da Mystery of Chessbox - Wu-Tang Clan
Visionz - Wu-Tang Clan
Incarcerated Scarfaces - Raekwon
You're Getting Too Smart - Detroit Emeralds
If you Think It (Might as Well Do It) - The Emotions
Verbal Intercourse - Raekwon feat Nas and Ghostface Killah
The Look of Love - The Delfonics
R.A.G.U - Ghostaface Killah feat Raekwon
Big Girl - Ghostface Killah
Respect - Wu-Tang Clan
Iron God Chamber - Wu-Tang Clan
Lovin' You - Inspectah Deck feat. LA the Darkman
Finish Me Off - The Soul Children
Love Jones - Brighter Side of Darkness
Love Jones - RZA
B.O.B.B.Y. - RZA
Shimmy Shimmy Ya - Ol' Dirty Bastard
Hip Hug Her - Booker T and The MG's
I Like It - The Emotions
Knocks me Off My Feet - Stevie Wonder
Hollywood Swinging - Kool and the Gang
Harlem World - Ol' Dirty Bastard
Iron Flag - Wu-Tang Clan
Soul Power - Wu-Tang Clan
Release Yo'Self - Method Man feat. Blue Raspberry
Bring the Pain - Method Man
Mechanical Man - Jerry Butler
Living in the World Today - GZA feat. Method Man
Labels - GZA
Investigative Reports - GZA
I'd Be So Happy - Three Dog Night
As Long As I Got You - Charmels
I Gotcha Back - GZA
Milk The Cow - Cappadonna feat. Method Man
I was Born All Over - O.V. Wright
The Way We Were - Gladys Knight and the Pips
Can It Be So Simple - Wu-Tang Clan

No comments:

Post a Comment