What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

we remember: kurt cobain


1993, 1994 was an awesome time to be a music fan. Not only for Hip Hop heads, but for everyone. A whole new music culture was born. Grunge music. This started a new revolution of bands that released albums that inspired a new following of music fans. Kurt Cobain was one of the leaders of this movement. Liked him or not. Enjoyed his music or not, he was a genius. I picked up Nirvana's Nevermind back when it was released in 1993 because it was good music. I knew it would be a classic. I was starting to be an open minded music fan. The day Cobain passed away, I mourned. Not for him, really. But for everyone else who loved and respected him. I mourned for that culture he helped start. April
5, 1994 was that day. I still remember it vividly. Like it were yesterday.


If you die you're completely happy and your soul somewhere lives on. I'm not afraid of dying. Total peace after death, becoming someone else is the best hope I've got.
Kurt Cobain

No comments:

Post a Comment