What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Sunday, November 15, 2009

paranormal activity


After a young, middle class couple moves into a suburban 'starter' tract house, they become increasingly disturbed by a presence that may or may not be somehow demonic but is certainly most active in the middle of the night. Especially when they sleep. Or try to


Thank goodness my friend got a ripped copy of this movie so we were able to check it out in the peaceful confines of her living room. Walking into Paranormal Activity I knew it would be something I've never seen before. Something scarier than I ever witnessed. I wasn't wrong.

The movie dragged on at first setting the scene. However, when it really got going, my friend and I wished we went to the theaters to watch another flick.

If this was just another scary movie with blood and gore and unrealistic events, I wouldn't have gotten so freaked out. However, knowing that this could actually happen, it was that more frightening. I felt for both the girlfriend and her boyfriend. Seeing both of their points, even though at times the boyfriend, Micah, was a douche.

After watching this movie, I re-think of the close encounters that I thought happened, but let it go due to being too paranoid. It makes you re-think paranormal activity that could be happening around you. It makes you wonder if ghosts are really around. It makes you want to keep your lights on at night.

If you like to get freaked and ever wonder if spirits are among us, check out this movie. Well made. Well done. And most of all, it gets you thinking.

8 out of 10 ghosts.

No comments:

Post a Comment