What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Thursday, November 27, 2008

goodnight, travel well - the killers.



I am a Killers fan. Don't get me wrong. However, I think I'm a fan of what they could be more than a fan of who they already are. The Killers seem to bring out release good material but for about every track I've heard from them, there's a bit of that more umph needed in the track to make it a great track. So far, all their tracks to me are ok-to-good on that ok-good-great-classic scale.

Goodnight, Travel Well
is a prime example. More of a organic beat needed? A violin needed, maybe? Or a sound of a turntable? A nice soul sample? It needs something. The rest of the formula is there. It just needs That extra Thing. Don't know what it is. I don't think they know, either. And I don't think they'll ever know.


Thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment