What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

cory is just a lost boy..



In my later tween years, I was digging the hot '80s gals of the time. Alyssa Milano, Tina Yothers, Debbie Gibson. However, they were also the guys who I thought were just real cool. Corey Haim was one of them. As I grew up, and realized that he never really made one good flick (Ok, fine. Lost Boys was a real good movie - More on that in a bit) and he was going down that 80's kid star curse like the other Corey and River, I knew that these guys weren't really all that cool, but just dudes who had all that I wanted at the time.

Ok, fine. I still thought they were cool, but not as cool as they were when I was say, 13.


Fast forward a couple of decades and I'm hooked on The Two Corey's. The new reality show that features Feldman and Haim. This season the duo talk about a feud that sparked last season when Haim started to use again. In the season premier it was revealed that both Cory's were sexually assaulted as kids. It's also going down the sober road with Haim as he sees a shrink talking about his early childhood experiences, drugs and his friendship with Feldman.

I don't know, but something about your old time favorites turned D-listers going through bad times is really captivating.

As reported this week, it's suspected that Haim is back sniffing it all up while on the set of the sequel to The Lost Boys.

It's sad that a childhood hero can't escape an addiction and how you can slowly see them meet their maker but it's also very entertaining. I hope the best for Haim. I really do. I'm sure this straight to video retro remake won't make his name back in the mainstage of Hollywood, but this could be a start for him to get back in the limelight and try to make his name good again.

But you gotta think. Isn't it the limelight that wrecked him in the first place?

No comments:

Post a Comment