What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Saturday, May 11, 2013

cftr goes all news



Back in 1993, I was an aspiring radio announcer. CFTR is the station that taught me about personality and hitting the post with style. It was also the station that taught me that radio is a business. The mighty powerhouse CFTR was going to flip formats to the first all-news station in Canada. I woke up on an early June morning to hear the last seconds of the station that I visited, listened to, and cherished. I still have the switch on tape somewhere. (You can hear it here)

Here is some footage, shot by the legendary newsman Dick Smyth, of the newsroom shortly after the flip. A little sneak peak of how it was behind the scenes at 25 Adelaide Street East in the wee hours of the morning back in '93. It was an exciting time.



No comments:

Post a Comment