What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Sunday, January 1, 2012

do more drugs..

Quit exercising and do more drugs, I told my friend jokingly last night over our New Years beers. Was never one for New Years Resolutions. I don't believe in them. You make goals for yourself. Write them down. Post them on your wall. Look at them daily. Remind yourself. Like Nike, Just Do It. It doesn't have to be shared. The only person who needs to know is you. And you are the one who is going to make it happen. I have goals this year. And they will happen. Certain of that. As I sit here typing just after 11am on New Years Day with a pounding headache sipping on my cold tea that was made a couple hours ago, I look back at 2011 and think it was a great year. Sure. Had some crazy ups and downs. Without the Lows, though, we would never grow. And grow is what I did. No regrets. Just lessons. Lessons that will I take into 2012 while I progress to the next level. The blog is turning 4 this year. Next month, actually and I'm proud I've had it with me. It's been a great friend. Without it, I don't know how I would've survived. I started it during one of the lowest points of my life. I had just quit drinking and I used the page to document my 97 day sober run. I used it as an outlet to express the dark feelings I had in my soul. As I got out of the rut, I showed it on here. Whatever turns my life took since 2008 this page expressed it. I look back at this years posts' and I see how life can be really unpredictable. Things I should've shared on here, I didn't but I was able to read between the lines and knew I really wanted to say something else. Scream when I was really talking. Cry when I was laughing. But I didn't. Maybe someday, I will share all those times with you. Maybe I should save it for my book. 2012 is going to be great. I have a feeling we'll have a lot of turmoil in the world and it'll bring unity. I believe we'll have some hard times but we'll get through it. Personally, I know I have things I need to do. Turning 34 this year and I need to get shit done. Keep up and listen to the heart. That's what really matters. Fuck the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment