What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Monday, September 12, 2011

jim carroll's poems still there.


Woke up with my coffee and banana muffin while reading old Jim Carroll poems. It was two years since we lost him yesterday. September 11th. Since other things seemed bigger yesterday, I forgot. It was only today I remembered. By Googling his name and seeing his dates. Anyway, I know reading Carroll's poems' isn't the best way to start off on the positive, upbeat foot for another week. It's just that sometimes, I need a Carroll boost to get me going. Get me inspired. Get me writing. I find that the most depressing, dark artists have the most profound positive impact on me. Carroll has been the way since I read Basketball Diaries in high school. And later, when I watched the movie. Starting another week with Carroll. I'm sure it's gonna pick up from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment