What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Monday, August 22, 2011

jack brought hope.


My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world.

I'm not a huge politics guy. Too many long words I don't understand and it still seems like older people talk. The conversation that the older people would have in the living room while the kids sneaked away into the basement and watched Much Music and talked about the good stuff. Music and TV and Sports. But there's a few guys in the big house that I liked because they made politics cool. And fun. And the guy in the tie didn't seem too serious or business like. He was just a guy enjoying the ride.

Jack Layton was one of them
.

When he spoke, I listened. And most of the time, I agreed with that he said. I rooted for Jack. Always wanting him to win the battle against The Suits.

Today, he lost the biggest battle. With another bully. Cancer.

The Big Bully is starting to take too many of our good guys. When I heard the news this morning I had a vision that my pal Mark Dailey was covering the breaking news story up in heaven, just waiting for Jack to get through The Gates to get the exclusive.

Mark was another one beaten by the Bully. Cancer.

I then had a vision that Jack got there with his sleeves rolled up, mustache glowing, smile beaming and teeth glistening, ready to take heaven by storm with another of his eco-friendly ideals that he was trying to sell down on earth. Shaking hands, and talking to the world leaders club about new ideals.

Jack brought us passion. It's the hope, however, he gave Canada that I will always remember. Always up for the fight to make our country a better one.

Thank you for your optimism, Jack. Rest Well.


Condolences to his family

"Courage my Friends. It's never too late to build a better world"

No comments:

Post a Comment