What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

the cancer scare..

The Cancer scare gets me every time. No. I haven't had a real scare. But I always wonder. Especially after someone dies from the Big C. Today I woke up with a sore throat. My first thoughts is always the worst. All day I have been having soup and juice and staying away from any man food that involves a lot of bite and hard corners. Naps are nice. I tend to get these symptoms before I come down with a cold. Hopefully that's it. With this sore throat, also comes with a sore mouth. Basically everything on my left side from the throat up to my nose is sore. I can't really talk, either. If this is bad, think how battling cancer must be like? I can't imagine. Thank God I haven't had to deal with that. Even though I continue to thank the higher power, I continue to do things that could put me into that percentage of contracting the Big C sooner rather than later. Untouchable. Immortal, I think. That would never hit Me. I say this while I spark a smoke or pour a pint. I then think how I'm healthy. I only smoke and drink twice a week. The rest of the time, I'm devouring veggies and fruit and walking and doing yoga. I guess that's where that indestructible-man part of me comes in. Sooner rather than later, I will have to get tested. Man up and face the fear. I once had a test for HIV. That was dreadful, even though I knew it would come back negative. You can never be 100%. And it's that .001% that scares the shit out of you. Still wondering. What would the real scare be like. How would it be to deal with the Big C? I'm just happy I got a sore throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment