What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Saturday, December 4, 2010

mark dailey health update


Living in Toronto, you have to know The Voice. The Voice that I've been hearing on CITY-TV for most of my life. When I was able to meet The Voice in 2004 I felt I had already knew Mark Dailey. It was through Tom Rivers that I got to know Mark. After Rivers passed, Mark and I continued to share e-mails and even had some chats over the phone. Seemed like he promised Tom that he'd take care of me. And Mark did. Always there to share some advice and give me the inside scoop and to give me his thoughts about the industry he loves so dearly. He was honest, straight to the point and funny. Much like how he wrote his news. Back in 2002 or 2003 Tom let me hear some CKLW tapes from Windsor. It had Dailey doing news that was written so poetic and had force behind it. They created eerie images to tell the story. It was writing that inspired me to be change my style as a writer. It was Theater of the Mind. Mark did it well. Through Tom I found out about Mark's career at CHUM, Q107 and his 30 year stint at CITY.

Even after I had met Mark, he remained a hero and an industry giant. I have never heard anyone say anything bad about him. Everyone says the same thing. He's one of the good guys. Professionally and Personally. Awesome human being.

This morning reading a post on the SOWNY board that Mark's cancer has spread to both lungs made me sad that I might be loosing another to this awful monster. Mark is currently in coma at a local hospital. Toronto is praying that The Voice will battle this and come out victorious. I'm hoping to be able to speak with my friend again.

Be Strong, Mark. Everyone is praying for you. Everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment