What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Thursday, June 11, 2009

paul would colab with mgmt




From NME


Paul McCartney has said that he would like to work with MGMT.

The former Beatle revealed his admiration for the psych-pop duo, and said that if they rang he up he would be happy to collaborate.

"I like MGMT," he told website Zoegriffin.co.uk. "I'd like to work on some more dancey stuff with MGMT. But it has to happen organically."

He added: "We need to talk about it. I can't call them. If they called me, I'd say, 'How did you get my number?'. But I'd do it."

McCartney also spoke about his much-talked about possible collaboration with Bob Dylan.

"So much has been written about me doing a collaboration with Bob or me doing a collaboration with Ringo and Bob," he said. "But that is not happening yet. We're nowhere near.

"I did say I wanted to work with Bob but that was ages ago and he hasn't been in touch. I can't contact him. That's not cool."

He then jokingly rapped, "Hey Bob, what's happening? Where's the party?"

1 comment: