What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

comfort...


Comfort is always needed. Sometimes, more times than others. Most of the time, you need it all the time, but you're just too tough, or manly or stubborn to admit it to yourself. It's not that you don't want to admit it to those around you, you don't want to admit it to yourself. You unconsciously do your comfort activities to make you feel better but try to convince yourself that you're doing it because you haven't done it in a while, or that you miss doing it or some type of excuse that would make you feel like you're a wimp.

Same thing comes to comfort food. Do you realize that most of the time comfort food always stems from what your Mom used to make? Last night I had some of my Mom's Curry Chicken. Had it with some Nan. Made me feel so good. Today I had the leftovers and started to look at old photos. Started to check out some old graffiti pictures. Dug deep and hauled some old records out from the bottom of the gray box in my closet.

Comfort.


It wasn't until I was done when I felt at peace and relaxed that I need some kind of comfort food. Physically and Mentally. Don't know why, but I just needed it. Sometimes, you have to admit to yourself that you're weak to make yourself get stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment