What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

natasha richardson update

From EOnline

Natasha Richardson, in critical condition after injuring her head in a skiing accident Monday afternoon in Montreal, has arrived in New York.

While friends and family gathered Monday evening for a vigil in NYC, where Richardson and husband Liam Neeson call home, the 45-year-old actress' mum, Oscar winner Vanessa Redgrave, was photographed heading to Lenox Hill Hospital, presumably to be by her daughter's side.

"I was informed by the family's rep…she has left Canada and the family should give [out] more information by tomorrow," a rep for Hôpital du Sacré-Coeur de Montréal told E! News Tuesday.

Varying reports have circulated about Richardson's current condition, which sources tell the New York Times is serious. The family is said to be highly distressed.

We have been told that, after her fall during a private lesson on a beginner's slope at the Mont Tremblant ski resort, Richardson walked away seemingly unscathed.

"[Richardson] was accompanied by an experienced ski instructor who immediately called the ski patrol," a statement from the Mont Tremblant resort said. "She did not show any visible sign of injury, but the ski patrol followed strict procedures and brought her back to the bottom of the slope and insisted she should see a doctor."

Resort spokeswoman Catherine Lacasse said that the actress was not wearing a ski helmet for her lesson. Reports say she was with her two sons with Neeson, Micheal Richard Antonio, 13, and Daniel Jack, 12, and returned to her hotel room shortly afterward.

"She was laughing and joking, and she walked to her room on her own," Lacasse said.

An hour later, Richardson fell ill with a headache. She reportedly was conscious upon leaving for the hospital. Richardson was transferred to Hôpital du Sacré-Coeur de Montréal at about 5 p.m. after initially being taken to Centre Hospitalier Laurentien, which is close to the tony ski resort in Quebec.

Neeson, who was filming a movie in Toronto, was by her side as quickly as possible.

"Liam Neeson left the Toronto set immediately to fly to Montreal upon news of his wife's accident," the star's rep said in a statement.

The couple left the hospital together via ambulance at about 12:30 p.m. and were taken to Elliott Trudeau Airport to board a private flight back to New York.