What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

eat that! drink that!


Another new feature on the blog. This feature will examine good healthy eating and drinking. Stuff that is good and will also make you live longer. We'll start it off with Green Tea. I started to drink green tea on a regular a couple of weeks ago when I was conscience about coming down with a cold as it's always around this time when I get my yearly cold that knocks me out for more than a week. My Mom told me to drink green tea everyday. I've been good thus far. Well, a day of a real bad flu but other than that, I'm feeling great. Thought I'd share some little known effects of drinking green tea.


New evidence is emerging that green tea can even help dieters. In November, 1999, the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition published the results of a study at the University of Geneva in Switzerland. Researchers found that men who were given a combination of caffeine and green tea extract burned more calories than those given only caffeine or a placebo.

Green tea can even help prevent tooth decay! Just as its bacteria-destroying abilities can help prevent food poisoning, it can also kill the bacteria that causes dental plaque. Meanwhile, skin preparations containing green tea - from deodorants to creams - are starting to appear on the market.

Harmful Effects?

To date, the only negative side effect reported from drinking green tea is insomnia due to the fact that it contains caffeine. However, green tea contains less caffeine than coffee: there are approximately thirty to sixty mg. of caffeine in six - eight ounces of tea, compared to over one-hundred mg. in eight ounces of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment