What We're Reading:

G&B: Apologies to Sting

It's been a blast, folks. The Worlds Most Popular Podcast is signing off. Truth to be told, there's not enough hours in the day for ...

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

falling off the wagon..


I fell off the wagon. It's ok, though. I'm fine. I thought it was about time to get back into it. It happened on Friday. I was at my friends birthday party and I thought It would be a great time to see if I could handle it. I was able to do it. I was happy for once while drinking alcohol. I drank again on Monday, and once again, I was fine. Nothing was wrong with me. I realized that If I can keep it under control and keep my eyes out for the signs to make me fall back into that hole I fell into before, everything should be fine.

As long as the alcohol doesn't rule me. As long as I can rule it. I'm the ruler of myself and the only ruler that will ever be for now on.

That's what I learned when I quit drinking for 97 days. 97 great days. Days that I will always look back on and think of the strength and wisdom I gained from it.


One thing that I didn't like about drinking again? The hangover and the smell of alcohol on me the day after. I don't think I'll be drinking again this weekend.

I'm taking it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment